VVRS Sheep / Lamb – Lampak Liquid Supplement
VVRS LAMPAK LIQUID SUPPLEMENT is suitable to be mixed with grain to form a balanced feedlot mix for finishing lambs in penned or paddock environments.VVRS LAMPAK LIQUID SUPPLEMENT supplies essential nutrients as an ingredient of a balanced feedlot mix for lambs.
• Molasses, phosphorus, salt, ammonium chloride, urea, vitamins A, D and E, lasalocid sodium, water, VVRS ruminant mineral premix.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• VVRS LAMPAK LIQUID SUPPLEMENT should be mixed at 5% (50kg per tonne) with grain, roughage and lime to form a balanced lamb feedlot mix.
• Protein meals may need to be included when the protein level of the grain is low. Additional salt and ammonium chloride may also be added, in order to lower the risk of urinary calculi (water belly) in the lambs.
• Roughage should be supplied either in the feedlot mix or separately ad-lib. Including the roughage in the mix has an advantage as it provides greater control of the roughage intake.
• Contact your local VVRS representative for further directions on mixes suitable for your feeding.
• Ensure that there is ample access to clean water.
• When grain feeding lambs, the intake of high grain feeds should be gradually introduced to allow the rumen to adapt, to prevent gorging and acidosis. Feed small amounts of grain at first, slowly increasing over a 3 week period. Either start by limiting the intake of the mix along with feeding roughage ad-lib or feed a starter mix with increased levels of roughage.
• VVRS LAMPAK LIQUID SUPPLEMENT is free flowing and less viscous than molasses.
• Held in suspension, settling is reduced so that there is a consistent supply of nutrients to the ration.
• Will reduce dust and minimize shrinkage in the feedlot mix.
This feed contains the following veterinary chemical:–
• Lasalocid sodium at the rate of 660mg/kg.
MEDICINAL CLAIMLasolocid sodium is added to the feed to reduce the impact of coccidiosis and to reduce the shedding of coccidial oocysts.