VVRS LAMB FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE is designed to be mixed with grain and roughage to form a balanced ration suitable for feeding to lambs for fattening purposes.The concentrate supplies the essential nutrients of protein, minerals, vitamins and trace minerals.
• VVRS LAMB FEEDLOT CONCENTRATE is formulated from a selection of the following ingredients: vegetable protein meals, vegetable oil, limestone, dicalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, salt, ammonium chloride, urea, lasolocid sodium, VVRS Sheep vitamin & mineral premix.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Mix 10% (100kg/t) of the concentrate with grain and 5 – 15% roughage.
• The balanced ration can be fed to lambs penned in a feedlot or to lambs with access to pasture.
• Buffers (bentonite or sodium bicarbonate) can be included at up to 2%, to aid in preventing acidosis.
• Introduce lambs to the ration gradually over a 2 – 3 week period, after which they can be fed ad-lib. At first, the intake of the grain should be low with high levels of roughage available. The roughage can be mixed in the ration at high levels or limit the intake of the ration with ad-lib roughage available.
• Introducing the lambs to the ration slowly will allow the rumen to adapt slowly, preventing gorging and acidosis.
• Ensure that there is ample access to clean water.
• The following table gives an indication of a suitable starting program for lambs, based on increased levels of roughage in the ration.
This feed contains the following veterinary chemical:-
• Lasalocid sodium at the rate of 274 mg/kg.
Lasolocid sodium is added to the feed to reduce the impact of coccidiosis and reduced shedding of coccidial oocysts.
• The concentrate can be mixed with a range of grains and roughages and still produce a balanced ration.
• The concentrate supplies a range of essential nutrients that are required for growth and well being. Complementing the nutrients present in the grain, to form a balanced ration.
• Manufactured to strict quality control standards.
PRECISE FORMULATION AND MIXING
• Formulated in accordance with current research into sheep nutrition and mixed using a variety of quality raw materials.
Meat – Nil, Wool – Nil.
Do not feed to horses or other equines as it may prove fatal.
Cool, dry conditions away from vermin.
EXPIRY AFTER MANUFACTURE
6 months from the date of manufacture.
20kg woven polypropylene bags.Bulk load details available from your sales representative.