- Aamchur is commonly used for flavouring curries, chutneys, soups, marinades and as a condiment.
- It enhances the taste of chicken and fish dishes.
- It is a souring agent like tamarind and has tenderizing qualities like lime juice.
- Aamchur can be used instead of tamarind to prepare sweet-sour dal or sambhar.
- It can also be used to marinate chicken, meat, fish and pork.
- Aamchur is used to flavour kebabs, seekhs, grilled chicken, baked fish and all barbecue items.
- It is also used to add flavour too dum aloo (potato preparation) and biryani( rice mixed with vegetable or chicken or meat).
- Dried mango powder has high iron content, so pregnant women and people suffering from anemia are advised to consume it regularly.
- It combats acidity and improves digestion.
- It is a fair source of Vitamin A and Vitamin E which helps hormonal system function efficiently.
How to store
Keep dried mango powder in air-tight container, away from moisture in cool place.