Lucerne chaff (also known as alfalfa) is chaffed lucerne crop. It is a good fibre source and has a significant profile of other nutrients.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• Lucerne chaff can be included in the diets of horses, beef and dairy cattle, pigs, poultry and sheep.
• Lucerne chaff can be included in the diets of layer hens and broiler chickens to aid in the yellow colouring of the yolks and meat respectively.
• Use as part of a balanced diet.
• Use the following guidelines for maximum inclusion rates in the diets.
• Overfeeding prime green lucerne chaff has been associated with bloat in cattle and colic in horses. Therefore for cattle it is necessary to ensure that there is adequate rumen modifiers in the total diet to minimise the chance of bloat.
• In the case of horses gradual introduction of prime green lucerne chaff is advisable. Take care to avoid over feeding of the chaff to prevent colic.
Cool, dry conditions away from vermin.
EXPIRY AFTER MANUFACTURE
Best used within 6 months from the date of manufacture.