VVRS FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL is a high energy feed suitable for the feedlotting of cattle to maximize growth. VVRS FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL must be fed in conjunction with a roughage source.
• Base grain as depicted seasonally, and therefore the proportions may vary.
• Barley, wheat, maize, sorghum, bran, and pollard, urea, vegetable protein meals, molasses, vegetable oil, limestone, sodium bentonite, dicalcium phosphate, potassium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, salt, monensin sodium, Vvrs ruminant vitamin & mineral premix.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
• THIS IS NOT A COMPLETE FEED. It has been designed to be fed with hay, silage and/or pasture feeding.
• Roughage should be supplied ad-lib and reducing to a minimum not less than 20% of their total intake.
• It is preferable not to use legume hay or silage when feedlotting cattle. These roughage sources can increase the risk of bloat and may not contain sufficient fibre levels. Grassy or cereal hay or straw would be better.
• Ensure that there is ample access to clean water.
• For grain feeding of cattle the intake of high grain feeds should be gradually introduced to the cattle to allow the rumen to adapt, avoiding acidosis/grain poisoning. Small amounts should be fed at first, slowly increasing over a 3 week period. The following table gives an indication of a suitable introductory period for the cattle.
• VVRS FEEDLOT PELLETS / MEAL may be used as the main feed source (in conjunction with hay, silage or straw) for feedlot cattle as a supplement to pasture when the quality is declining or as a drought supplement to maintain animals.
• NOTE: Feed intakes will vary due to a number of factors. Factors include animal weight, age, body condition, environmental conditions, stocking rates etc.